Pasta, I'm benching you. Zucchini, you're in! I'm taking the guilt out of your lasagna game. We've got two fresh made sauces, plenty of cheese, and fresh torn basil. You won't even know the pasta is missing.
2 cloves garlic, coined
14 oz Canned Tomato Sauce
2 cups Parm & Rind
4 Zucchinis, thinly sliced into planks
4 tbsp. Butter
4 tbsp. Flour
2 cups Milk
10 oz.Mozzarella, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Drizzle oil into a hot pan, toss in garlic coins.
3. Add tomato sauce and parm rind. Season with salt and cook 2 min.
4. Remove sauce from pan and place pan back on heat.
5. Add butter to pan and melt. Add flour and stir.
6. Add milk and grated parm.
7. Build lasagna with bechamel, planks, basil, tomato sauce, and parm. Repeat for each layer.
8. Final layer, top with bechamel spread to edges.
9. Top with mozzarella slices, remaining basil, drizzle olive oil, and parm.
10. Bake for 1 hour, top with torn basil.