Pasta, meet Smoker, I think you'll be very happy together. That's right, I smoked pasta, I'm making it a thing. Check out my lighter, smokier, summererier (also a thing) version of baked ziti, you're gonna fall in love.
5 Cloves Garlic, sliced
3 tsp.chili flakes
10 Vine-Ripe Tomatoes, chunked up
½ cup Heavy Cream
1 large bunch Basil, tops (save stems), ripped up
1 lb. Ziti
12 oz. Ricotta Cheese
2 cups Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
2 cups Parm, shredded
1. Oil in pan over med-high heat.
2. Add garlic, salt, and chili flakes.
3. Squeeze tomatoes into the pan. Salt. Cook 10-15 min.
4. Add cream and basil. Turn off the heat.
5. Penne in casserole dish, top with half the sauce, half the cheeses. Fold together.
6. Top with remaining sauce and cheeses.
7. Sprinkle with olive oil, salt, and chili flakes.
8. Place in smoker or oven at 425 for about 25 min.