I've said it before and I'll send it again, I love fond! Are you a fond fan? Are you familiar with fond? It's the little bits left in the pan after sautéing proteins or veg and they are delicious. Deglaze your fond with a little pasta water or wine and you've got the base for a killer sauce.
This recipe was created in partnership with Draper Valley Farms.
8 free range skinless boneless chicken breast tenders
1 pound tagliatelle
1 lemon, juice and zest
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 cup white wine
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
2 TBSP butter
1. Get a pan over high heat. Place a pot of salted water over high heat and bring to a boil.
2. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Drizzle the pan with oil and add the chicken to the pan.
3. Add the tagliatelle to the boiling water.
4. Flip the tenders once browned on one side. Zest and juice the lemon into the pan. Add the garlic. Deglaze with white wine and simmer 2-3 minutes.
5. Add the cream, parmesan, and butter to the pan and simmer.
6. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water. Drain the pasta. Add a 1/4 cup pasta water to the sauce, or more, to thin it out.
7. Plate pasta with chicken tenders and sauce on top.