Remember the other day, when I made that White Bean Cheeseburger all vegetarian style? Well this is my reward. Yeah, it's summer, and we're all eating grilled veggie things and skinny salads but sometimes I need a plate of fried food. Today, my heart-attack of choice is Halibut Fish & Chips. This Seattle classic is crispy on the outside and tender on the inside, just like me with a legit sunburn. Happy Summer, to all my buds out there!
4 Yukon Golds, 1” wedges
2 cups Flour
2 tsp. Baking Powder
2 tsp. Turmeric
2 cups Beer
1 cup Mayo
2 tbsp. Capers, chopped
1 Lemon, squeezed
2 tbsp. Dill, chopped
4 White Fish Filets (i.e. cod, halibut)
1 Lemon, quartered
:Sprinkle of Malt Vinegar
1. Fry oil to 375.
2. Poach fries in oil until cooked through.
3. Make beer batter, think.
4. Make tartar sauce.
5. Remove fries. Increase oil temp.
6. Batter fish. Add fish to oil. Cook until golden brown, 2-3 min. Remove. Salt.
7. Add fries to oil, cook 2-3 min. Remove. Salt.
8. Line bowl/plate with parchment, plate with side of tartar and lemon quarter. Sprinkle with malt vinegar with fingers.