Ponder this. If you could pick one thing to be gifted on your birthday, what would it be? Me? I want a brick of feta cheese doused in olive oil and wrapped in foil. And then I would slap that bad boy on the grill and serve it over this salad. Check it.
6 oz. Feta
1 Red Pepper, thick sliced
1 Zucchini, ribbons (use a mandolin)
1 Bulb Fennel (rough chop tops, mandolin bulb)
1 Tomato, chopped
½ cup green olives, chopped
¼ cup Red Onion, thin sliced
½ Lemon, just juice
1. Place feta in foil, drizzle with olive oil, wrap it, and grill 5-7 minutes.
2. Oil, salt and pepper slices, place on grill shiny side down.
3. Zucchini, fennel, tomato, olives, and pile on plate.
4. Sprinkle with fennel tops and plenty of olive oil.
5. Juice lemon over top, salt, and toss.
6. Pull peppers from grill. Chop them and top salad.
7. Pull feta from grill and top salad.