It's the season for warming bellies and this curry is just the dish. The boneless chicken thighs stay juicy and tender on the inside while the skin crisps up on the outside. The hot curry, creamy squash, and velvety coconut milk are a beautiful marriage of sweet and heat. Perfect for a chilly autumn day, this chicken curry will not disappoint.
This recipe was created in partnership with Draper Valley Farms.
1 onion, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
6-8 free range boneless chicken thighs
1 butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and chopped
3 tbsp. red curry paste
3 garlic cloves, chopped
1 can coconut milk
- thai basil
1. Get a pan over high heat.
2. Drizzle the pan with oil. Sauté onion and carrot until just tender.
3. Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper and add them to the pan, skin side down. Cook until browned, then flip.
4. Add the squash and curry paste to the pan. When squash begins to get tender, add the garlic and cook until fragrant.
5. Add the coconut milk to the pan and simmer for 5-10 minutes. Salt to taste. Serve over rice or with a quality naan bread. Garnish as desired.