Nothing brings the fam to the breakfast table like home fries and eggs. This autumnal twist on the classic dish is sure to warm all the bellies!
This recipe was created in partnership with Victorinox.
3 tbsp. olive oil
1 large onion, diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
3 (or more) cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp. chopped fresh sage leaves
2 red potatoes, diced
1 small butternut squash, peeled, seeded, diced
2 cups Swiss chard, coarsely chopped
salt and pepper, to taste
pinch red pepper flakes
1 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
1. Heat the olive oil in a large, heavy pan over medium-high heat.
2. Add the onion, pepper, garlic, sage, red potato and squash to the pan, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes and squash are fork-tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
3. Add the Swiss chard to the skillet, stirring until the chard wilts, about 3 minutes.
4. In a separate medium pan, fry up the eggs.
5. Season home fries with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
6. Top with the chopped parsley and a fried egg.